Tuesday, May 19, 2009

fiendin' and jonesin'

I'm currently typing from a coffee shop near my house called WAVES. I've been a regular here for the past two weeks accompanying my best friend, Christine, as she studies for her Nursing exam coming up. I have probably consumed about 10 cups of Iced Lattes, Dark Roast Coffee, Red Rooibos Tea. Caffeine has become a food staple and I get headaches when I don't get my fix. Pretty bad huh? I've gotten to the point where even the songs running through my head are about caffeinated food and beverages aka "Chocolate High" by Musiq Soulchild and India Arie. Hahaha! "You're my double caffeine dream, yeah..." pretty much sums up how I feel everytime I walk into this place. Nonetheless, the company and the talks have been awesome.

I spent most of the night yesterday watching videos on the Philosophy of Life and Death. The prof is a guy from Yale University, Shelly Kagan. It's a very broad topic and in a world where death can be torn between a society of acceptance and a society where the concept is frowned upon...there are many heated arguments with human development about the concept of life. The class challenges the students to think outside of the box in more realistic ways as opposed to the values and traditions that we often are exposed to. I'm not quite done watching all the videos or even grasping the ideations that this prof is putting on the table but so far it has been an interesting philosophy to follow. I'll keep y'all posted on that!

I still have much of the day to finish. I haven't been following NBA too much but I hear it's Game One between Lakers and Denver. Not jumping on any band wagons so I'll just ride the "whatever" train and watch for the heck of it.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment