Monday, April 13, 2009

allow me to REINTRODUCE myself...

My name is J...O to tha Y-C...E?! Ahhh yes, I finally jumped on the blogspot wagon. I dedicated many years to the Xanga world but when people started disappearing and moving on to bigger and better things like Blogspot I thought..."Fuckit" what's another site gonna do to this world of mine. So let me introduce who I am and what I am all about...

You can find my QUINTESSENTIALS for living to your right-hand side...or to your left if your back is facing the computer, but I doubt that.

The reason for this blog you ask?! I've noticed a lot of you guys have motives going on and themes to what your blog represents. So what does mine? Nothing really. Stuff going through my head that I felt like writing I guess...oh wait, I mean...blogging. I am also contributing to another blog... www.rnbsides.blogspot.com where you'll find yourself tuning into those laid back memories of when you used to kick it on the bed with your eyes closed singing along to them old school slow jams. Check it!

What's with the name?! Verbal (adj.): consisting of or expressed in words, concerned with words only. Calesthenics (noun): the art, practice, or a session of such exercises. It's a play on definitions, and it represents the art of exercising expressions in words. Because this is my own personal blog I feel that the unification of these two definitions most appropriately fit in to what I'm bringing to the table. A mere exercise of what I'm trying to express through good old technology (aka PC blogging yo!) rather than just social interaction.

YES, I am very into my music. Anything from R&B, Hip Hop, Jazz, Motown, Indie...currently trying to get my groove on to House and Electro but I haven't gotten myself there quite yet. So should you be expecting some music posts up?! MOST DEF! And I promise to keep it as fresh as possible. ;)

I am ALSO very into writing. I recently went through a writer's block with one of my close friend's passing away but I hope to get inspired and motivated again to do what I love best. Hopefully starting this blog will channel me to the right direction and you'll see samples of what I am capable of. I will be digging through my old school blogging days though and I'll post some old stuff up to.

So let the games begin. Now you know me! More blogs to come! ZEE YAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment